Materials: Real money (coins) in sufficient quantity for each child to pick up and watch.
Goals: get to know local currency system, learn to distinguish coins of different denominations, show that the achievement of a result is possible patiently and consistently.
Instructions: teacher reads a fairy tale to the children, agreeing with the children to be attentive, if possible, participate in the fairy tale, answer the questions of the narrator. Throughout the tale, the names of the coins are spoken aloud.
(Cents, dollars, euros), if desired, children can repeat in chorus.
At the end of listening to the fairy tale, children are invited to arrange the coins in order: a number of cents, a number of dollars. If children are embarrassed to go out one at a time, they can do it in pairs. Children are given up to 5 minutes to get acquainted with real coins.
Max had eight coins in his wallet: 1 cent, 5 cents, 10 cents, 50 cents, 1 dollar, 5 dollars and 10 dollars.
One sunny morning, the 5 cents coin suggested:
- Let's get out of the wallet and start travelling?
"No," the 10 dollars coin objected, it was the oldest and wisest coin, "it won't be good, because If we all roll off, Max will think that he has lost us, and he will be upset. Let's do this: we will disappear one at a time, in turn, we will leave some gifts for Max instead.
- That's great! - admired the 5 cents coin.
- I even know what we can present for Max. Once he mentioned that he likes a blue pen with a batman print.
All the coins happily supported this idea, only they could not decide who would be the first to roll to the store. They did not know how much a pen with batman cost, so each coin thought that it can be exchanged for this pen.
- I'll be the first! No - me! They shouted and argued.
A wise coin of 10 dollars again came to the rescue.
- Let the first one roll in the store and try to exchange the youngest coin for the pen with batman.
- Who is our youngest? - the coins were worried.
- Here you go! They argued, shouted, but they didn't know the main thing, - the 10-dollars coin grinned.
- The youngest is 1 cent, then goes 5 cents, 10 cents, 50 cents. The 50 cents coin is the most important, but only among the cents! And then there are coins-dollars: 1 dollar, 5 dollars and of course me - 10 dollars. I am the oldest and foremost of all coins.
- Means, I am the oldest among cents ?! - a coin of 50 cents became proud.
- Among the cents, you are the oldest, but I am more important than you, because I am a coin-dollar, - said 1 dollar.
- Come on, coins, line up in order! - the coin commanded 10 dollars.
The coins rolled and stood in a line: 1 cent, 5 cents, 10 cents, 50 cents, 1 dollar, 5 dollars and 10 dollars.
- Well done! - praised the 10 dollars coin and stood last as the oldest.
- Now you understand which of us is the youngest and will go to the store first? -
a coin of 10 dollars is determined.
- First, the 1 cent coin will roll! - shouted coins.
The lucky 1 cent coin rolled away, and the rest of the coins, clinking, began to wait.
The 1 cent coin returned pretty quickly.
- Well? - got her coins.
- I'm not able to be exchanged for a pen alone. - the 1 cent coin was upset.
It's okay, - the 10-dollar coin reassured. - Remember, because you did not exchange for goods alone, but always before in the company.
- Exactly! - the 1 cent coin was delighted. "I've been in my wallet for so long that I've already forgotten.
Now a coin of 1 cent has rolled in the store together, followed by a coin of 5 cents. However, they soon returned.
"Not enough again," they drawled in disappointment.
They took a 10 cents coin with them in turn and rolled together.
"There are too few of us," they said when they returned. Then the most important of the cents rolled with them - a coin of 50 cents. It had no doubt that together they would be definitely exchanged for a pen with batman!
When they returned, the 10-dollar coin was clarified how much this pen costs in the store. It turned out that coins are not very good at counting, so they did not understand what was written on the price tag.
- Yes ... - a 10-dollar coin shook its head disapprovingly. - Well, 1dollar, go and you with them!
With coins-cents, coins rolled 1 dollar, then 5 dollars, but they could not exchange for the desired pen.
- Okay, let's go and I roll with you - we'll figure out what's what, - they set 10 dollars coins and, glistening in the sun with their sides, rolled into the store.
- Here! This pen with batman! - shouted the coins, stopping at the window.
- Oh-oh-oh, again you ... - lazily held out the pen. - My price is 16 dollars 66 cents. Read how it comes later.
- Coins, get in order and let's reckon! - commanded coin 10 dollars.
The coins have been collected, counted and selected, that their sum is exactly 18 rubles 66 kopecks.
Everyone was delighted!
The coins explained to the pen where Max lives, they themselves, satisfied, rolled into the cashier of the store, agreed to meet somehow and tell each other about their new adventures.
... When Max returned from school, he found an empty wallet, and next to it was a beautiful pen with batman. He realized where are the coins.